Saturday, March 13, 2010

Still procrastinating. . .


I should be packing, but I woke up early, did some stuff, sat down on the sofa for a moment, had the cat jump in my lap and start purring like a fiend, fell back asleep with her on my lap, woke up again groggy, ate breakfast, had to check my e-mail, did some yoga, took a shower, and then figured I deserved to procrastinate a little bit, so I looked at my blog statistics. Once again, mattresses took the lead, with the "Why You Shouldn't Get a Tattoo" post coming in at a close second. Recently, someone told me that she thought this post should be required reading for teenagers, that she loved it, and so I just re-read it after almost two years. I enjoyed it! I'm glad this post is popular. Go read it if you haven't.

While I was doing yoga, without a yoga mat (gasp!), I thought about how I'll have to do yoga on a yoga mat while I"m looking for an apartment and staying with a friend. I thought, "I ought to write a post about the tyranny of the yoga mat." A yoga mat is 24 by 68 inches. Having to stay on the mat limits our yoga practice. If you are doing sun salutations, I suppose that's fine. All I can think of is just how limiting and linear this seemingly mandatory mat is.

I could write much more about this, but I have other things to do besides ruminating. Later!

Photo note: Now this is yoga done freely! Thanks to diseaseproof.

No comments:

Post a Comment