Thursday, March 25, 2010

Procrastination post #4

Macys Fashion Director:

This one is for "happy hour", an event I'm sure not to go to. Somehow, I doubt they'll be having a "what will you wear to your Buddhist sitting group?" contest. Sure, I could wear this outfit, and I'd be more than happy to remove those stilettos.

Yep, I'm procrastinating, but I do have to take a break now and again. I could be spending it doing something more intellectual than putting together outfits I won't wear for a contest I won't win (again, unless 4000 or so people vote for it).

I have always wanted a white leather jacket. It's certainly not a priority in life, for if it were, by my age, I would have gotten one already. But, the very idea of not wearing a black motorcycle jacket appeals to the compulsive iconoclast in me. I wonder where my motorcycle jacket is, now that I'm thinking of it. I've had it since I was 18, and it's fit me on and off over the years (mostly off). I haven't worn it in at least ten years and this is one item I hope I haven't lost.

Even as I wrote that, I'm thinking that I really don't feel much sentiment towards anything that I own. Truth is, if all my stuff burnt in a fire, I'd feel almost relieved. I may have amassed a lot of possessions, but I'm not a collector or saver by nature. I have almost no photographs of my life, except for the huge collection of tattoos I've done, and if it weren't for the clients who wanted to see those, I'd have far less. I prefer to keep my memories in my head.

Now, back to packing up the stuff I claim not to care about. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment