Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Should I or shouldn't I?


If one needs to write 50,000 words in thirty days, that's only 1500 words a day. That sounds easy to a rambler like me. Now, it may be 50,000 words of total blather.

I did once write most of a novel by accident. It was just a bit of fun. I don't think of myself as a writer. I started writing in the first person, as someone other than myself, and it took over. Well, he took over.

And no, I may have problems, but I don't have dissassociative identity disorder (oh yeah? shut up!) Sadly, that "novel" I sort of wrote, or never finished, is forever lost in an old broken hard drive. But it only had one good chapter, as I recall.

All kidding aside, this writing a novel in a month thing is crawling into my brain. I have no plot, no ideas, no nothing. So why do I want to do it? Ah, the challenge!

It would take away from blogging time, but hey, it's only one month.

Uh oh. Help!

Image note: The Google image search term was "bad novel". This boring photograph accompanied a page called "How to write a really bad novel", which actually did not have the instructions to do just this. Instead, it had instructions on how to write a "coming of age" novel, which, well, might be a really bad novel. I mean, just how many of those do we need? I'm not even going to bother to provide the link. Bad me.

No comments:

Post a Comment