Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My favorite scents, so far


I feel like I'm stuck on a selection of fragrances and that I can't find anything that compares to these. I thought I'd list them. As we say in Maine, "It's something to do."

Undying Passion:

L'artisan Passage D'enfer
L'artisan Dzongkha
Serge Lutens Chergui

Love:

L'artisan Safran Troublant
Serge Lutens Douce Amere
Serge Lutens Chypre Rouge
Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille
Guerlain Jicky
Bulgari Black

Fickle Love:

Hermes Un Jardin sur le Nil
Guerlain Shalimar Light
Yves Rocher Rose Absolue
Chanel Les Exclusifs Eau de Cologne
CB I Hate Perfume Memories of Kindness
Diptyque Philosykos
Annick Goutal Neroli

Lost loves:
Chanel No. 19
Chanel Cristalle
An old bottle of White Shoulders
Hermes Caleche

There's many CB I Hate Perfume fragrances that I truly admire and find fascinating, but don't want to wear. I just like sniffing them.

Truthfully, there isn't anything by Lutens or L'artisan that I don't like to some extent. I wonder what it is about these two that appeals to me so uniformly. Any ideas?

Painting note: Francois Boucher La Toilette 1742
What to do for an image? Find something French. Well, that's done. I've never been one for the Roccoco period, but I find this absolutely charming. It reminds me of the paintings of cats dressed as people postcards that I collected when I was a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment